For the purpose of holding ourselves accountable, we’re publicizing a few of our goals during this adventure. The hope is not to feel beholden to rules, but to have a few recurring themes and objectives to lend the trip some structure. Before we go any further, a critical disclaimer: we reserve the right to renege on these entirely and spend the next four months on a secluded beach in Thailand. Without snark from the peanut gallery.
Without further ado…
- Attend a live music show in each country
- Maybe learn the harmonica (this is still being debated)
- Go surfing at least once
- Read at least a book per week
- Use only the manual setting on the camera
- Attend a live sports match in each country
- Have a conversation or two about the local economy to see what makes the place tick and what the “man on the street” is paying attention to
- Be able to touch hands comfortably to the floor (improve my Bite the Box skills… if you don’t understand, don’t ask)
- Try the national beer and liquor (toughy)
- Take a picture of the town signs in all the places we spend time
- Spend at least a week totally detached from the world except Kindles
If anyone has a good suggestion, let us know!