We're sitting at the gate getting ready for our longest flight of the trip. 8 hours to Dubai and then 14 to Sydney. Fortunately everything after this is a westward flight-so much better for jetlag.
South Africa has been amazing. A serious whirlwind. We've been at the Johannesburg airport alone five times in the last four weeks. There is a spectacular range of environments here and I feel as if we've only just scratched the surface. That said, it has been an excellent introductory course for my first time in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Mandela memorial. Amazing to witness history.
- Lion sightings in the Kalahari. I swear you could cuddle them.
- Cage diving with great whites in Grootbos. It was like watching Planet Earth with no tv screen between you and nature.
- Wandering the empty Kirstenbosch botanical gardens in Cape Town at sunset for Whitney's birthday.
- Watching hippos and crocodiles float by while lying in bed on the Zambezi Queen riverboat.
Wow, what a four weeks. And now on to Australia....more from us soon (and pictures too, we promise!)